The formal statement of beliefs is from our Constitution and By-Laws.
FORMAL STATEMENT OF BELIEFS
New Life Community is committed to the historic Christian faith as summarized in the following statements:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God and inerrant in the original writings.
- We believe there is one God, infinite in His perfections and eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit, repentance towards God, and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ are essential.
- We believe in the holy ordinance of water baptism after conversion, by immersion, which signifies the believer's death, burial, and resurrection into new life in Christ Jesus.
- We believe in the present ministry, baptism, and gifts of the Holy Spirit, by Whom the Christian is enabled to live a godly life and empowered for service.
- We believe in the establishment, increase, universal extent, and ultimate triumph of the kingdom of God.
- We believe in the unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the ascended Christ has given gifts to the church, (i.e. apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers) and that these gifts in present operation are necessary for the equipping of Christians unto service and for the maturity of the church unto fullness in Christ.
- We believe Christian disciples should be joined together as a spiritual family in local congregations for corporate worship, training, evangelism, service to one another in love, discipleship, and effective influence in the community.
- We believe local congregations of disciples are to be governed by elders in conjunction with apostolic oversight and ministry.
- We believe in the holy covenant of marriage which may only be between one man and one woman. Homosexual conduct is therefore specifically considered to be sinful and grounds for church discipline.
- We believe in the resurrection of the dead, in physical and spiritual eternal fellowship with God for the saved, and in eternal damnation and punishment for the lost.